The DevForce Application Framework makes it easy to get started with developing data-driven Rich Internet Applications (RIA) in Silverlight or WPF desktop applications, with Caliburn Micro as the MVVM framework and DevForce 2010 as the data access layer.
The DevForce Application Framework is now better than ever … only now we call it
Cocktail removes some of the complexity and obsolete concepts found in the DevForce Application Framework and is where we are focusing our development efforts moving forward.
If you've built an application using the DevForce Application Framework, please refer to the
Cocktail transition guide to learn how to move your project to Cocktail. If you have not started a project with the DevForce Application Framework, please do not. Use Cocktail instead.
We now consider the DevForce Application Framework to be a legacy framework but we'll continue to host it here in order to support existing applications.
- 1/18/2012: Release 188.8.131.52 available for download and via NuGet.
- 12/8/2011: Release assemblies now available via NuGet:
- 12/8/2011: The source code has been updated to build with DevForce 6.1.4.
- 11/11/2011: Support for Code-First.
- 10/22/2011: The Marketing forces have won. You shall now be known as DevForce Application Framework.
- 10/18/2011: The source code has been updated to build with DevForce 6.1.3.
- 8/29/2011: Updated to Caliburn Micro 1.2 RTW
- 8/11/2011: The source code has been updated to build with DevForce 6.1.2.
- 8/3/2011: Reorganized samples into a new Samples folder and added a reference Silverlight application sample called CoProjectDF.
- 6/10/2011: Updated to Caliburn Micro 1.1 RTW
- 5/27/2011: Officially renamed the framework to DevForce-Caliburn Framework.
- 4/09/2011: Checked in an important change to the samples. The EntityManagerProvider should not be exported from the Bootstrapper. If you are exporting the EntiyManagerProvider in your Bootstrapper, take a look at
- 3/31/2011: A new HelloWorld sample application added to the source code. This application demonstrates concepts and patterns found in the framework.
- 3/24/2011: The latest source code requires DevForce 6.0.9 to build. See change log for more info.
- 3/9/2011: A complete tutorial for building a simple customer search application is now available as part of the documentation. Check it out